I can offer you a tailor-made service – from a quick proofread of one sheet of A4, through to a complete rewrite of a textbook or corporate handbook. Simply tell me what you want – and I will do it. The following is a guide to the variety of work undertaken.
- Headline writing
- Producing style guides
- Producing guidelines for contributors
- Cutting or filling to length
- Lay-out and design
- Post-editing production
- Brochures, leaflets and promotional literature: writing, design and production.
- Editing high level academic, medical and technical material
- Producing plain English from specialist, technical and academic material and adapting it for a lay readership
- Turning translated material into ‘normal’ English instead of ‘translaterese’, while losing none of the meaning
- Coping with ‘difficult’ books (e.g. multi-authored, foreign authors, heavily revised new editions of existing books etc.)
- Americanisation/Anglicisation of copy, trade names etc.
- Internet research.
- Fluent French
- Good medical German (rusty general language skills)
- Dutch studied to B-level
- Latin and Russian (rusty)
- I am a competent translator, and have undertaken limited translation work from French and German, including medical texts, for several publishers plus the PIARC/Highways Department
- British Sign Language studied to Level 2
- Full driving licence
- 100 wpm shorthand.